Sunday, September 7, 2008

Finally...Something I can be useful for

I am so excited!! I just accepted the position of Chairperson for Maryland Citizens for Sex Offender Justice and Maryland State Organizer for ReformSexOffenderLaws.org. While I really should be working on a mission statement, principals, etc. I had to share my thoughts and excitement first.

Yes, I did discuss this with my husband, and although he didn't want to sway my decision, he said he was very supportive of me doing this. Once I explained to him that I had already made up my mind to do this, he said"I'm so proud of you!" and touched that you would want to do this for me and for others like me. As far as I am concerned, it is a cause worth fighting. So, if you want to contribute, visit my web site and send me an email...I can put you to work as soon as its decided what we will tackle first.

http://supportforwivesofsexoffenders.webs.com


And of course, I am getting some advice from someone who is an expert on SORNA laws (and its not my husband).

Just had to share my news..but I'm going to make this short so I can work on my other duties. Wish me luck!! Wish us all luck in being successful in changing these stupid laws and making the United States of America truthfully the place everyone can live in peace.

No comments: