I had gotten a e-mail from a couple of people concerning Halloween. Since we haven't received anything as of yet, I googled it. I don't know what the state's plan is for this year but last year...
1) A "NO Candy" sign had to be posted on your door
2) Porch lights had to be OFF
3) Absolutely NO Halloween decorations
4) Could not leave the house during the hours of "Trick or Treat"
5) If you had to go to work...could not travel roads that go by streets where kids go trick or treating
6) Police/sheriff dept will be knocking on doors to see if you're compliant.
7) OH...and you can't have your ownHalloween party with family and friends
The person who wrote the e-mail said to contact your state's ACLU if you are having problems with this.
This really SUCKS!!! I love to decorate for the Holidays...any holiday. This is going a little bit too far....I can see turning the porch lights off...everyone knows..NO LIGHT NO CANDY. But to be made to not put up decorations, to post a "NO Candy" sign like a scarlett letter announcing to everyone that you are a sex offender, can't leave the house and can't have your own party....Come on...that's against my civil rights. If I want to have a party and invite family and friends (who know you are a sex offender in the first place) why can't I? If we want to decorate...what's the harm? Can't even have a pumpkin out...CRAZY!!!!!
Has anyone gotten a letter like this yet for this year? Care to share your experiences for last year?? I heard some P.O.'s went so far as had a meeting during trick or treat hours for all their parolees to attend..just so they would know where they are and make sure they were off the streets.